Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Skin cancer (melanoma) - Questions to ask your doctor

If you are worried about sun cancer, and want to go to your doctor for either a troublesome mole, or just for information, here are some questions to ask your doctor

Could my mole be a melanoma?

Will I have surgery to remove part of the mole to check whether it is cancer or will I need to have all of it removed?

What stage is my melanoma? (How advanced is my cancer?)

What treatment do you recommend?

What are the risks of treatment?

Are people in my family at risk of getting a melanoma?

What can I do to protect myself from another melanoma?

What do you think is likely to happen to me?

Be prepared to answer some questions from your doctor, such as:

Has anyone in your family ever had a melanoma?

Have you ever had any type of skin cancer?

Did you have bad sunburn when you were a child?

Have any of your moles changed their colour, shape, size or texture?

No comments:

Best Online Deals